Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ricky Bobby's Arrival

Ricky Bobby had his mind made up. He was going to be coming to this world and he was coming at his own time. Daddy and Mommy had gone to the doctor's on Wed, Feb 23 for our weekly checkup to see how the little man was doing. While we were there they kept me a little longer due to high blood pressure. They ran a bunch of tests, ultrasounds, and more tests. After several hours we were sent home and told to rest and check my blood pressure often. After a full night of high blood pressure readings, getting sick, and seeing spots we called the doctor the next morning. Mommy went to work and Daddy went to school. Not 10 minutes after I got to work the doctors office called me and wanted me to get checked into the hospital.

11:15 am: After getting checked in, hooked up, and monitored for a couple of hours they decided it was time to have this baby. My blood pressure kept going up with every contraction and started getting too high for baby and mommy's safety. The doctor came in around 5:00 pm and checked on us, broke my water and started my pitocin drip. I was already 2 cm dilated so this was just going to speed up the process a little bit.

The snow storm had started about 10 min after we had arrived at the hospital. We watched the snow come falling down all day. Nana (Mary) was at work and came to the hospital right after she got off. Grandpa French was working and headed home but ventured to the hospital to hang around with us. Uncle Pat and Aunt Megan were in Omaha as the storm started getting furniture for their new house they were moving into that weekend. They drove through the snow in enough time to get here before he was born. Papa Tom and Uncle Ryan were scheduled to fly out to Arizona for the weekend to visit Courtney but changed their flights and made it into Omaha and drove through the snow to get to the hospital minutes before I started pushing. Tutu (Carol) and Grandpa Clausen were cheering from Texas getting hourly updates from David and waiting anxiously for the good news.

It wasn't before long I told the nurse that I knew this baby was coming. Everyone told me that I was crazy because they had just checked me and I was only 7 cm 30 minutes prior to that. But I was right. The nurse checked me, told the other nurse to call the doctor in because we were having this baby. 45 min later at 12:26am on Friday, Feb 25, 2011 Ricky Bobby was born. 5lbs 12 oz and 19 inches long in perfect health!










No comments:

Post a Comment